October 23, 2015 by Gaurav Arora
What Questions to Ask before getting a contract with any Website Development Company
Hiring is a website development company is absolutely not a joke, you are giving them a part of your business’ future; make sure you pick the right one.
- How are the services priced? – Ultimately, this is the first question that you should ask or at least know from a website development company. Never directly ask how much after providing your project details without even knowing how they come up with that number, think smart and always survey first.Remember the basic aspects when it comes to service, the effort, time, and complexity, rely on those and you can judge for yourself if it is worth it or not.
- Can you show me your past projects? – This should never be ignored; there are thousands out there who just senselessly sign the contract without even knowing how great their previous works are. Remember that the past is proof of how good one thing is – would you hire a surgeon, if all of his past patients’ surgery failed? If no, then you have good common sense and knows what “risk” means.
- How Qualified is the company? – Never be afraid to ask these kinds of questions, remember that you are investing a huge amount of money to create your own website. You have all the right in the world to know how credible are they, do they have government papers on this type of business, is the description a perfect fit on what they do, have they ever worked on big time websites? Just check on things that will assure you that you are indeed facing a legit website development company.
- May I know details of your team? – Remember that a professional website is never done by a single person; it is done by a set of experts and professionals. Before you get too comfortable, know first if the team members are all employed professional, not just some freelance that can be hired miles and miles across the globe.Because if that’s the case, you won’t be assured that their previous wonderful works are still made by their currently contracted freelancer, what if not and the new freelancer isn’t even knowledgeable, once again you pay big money for this; make sure you get the best out of it.
- How financially stable is the company? – This might seem like a far-fetched question, but it is absolutely not, remember that if they go out, you will be left hanging. Make sure that the company you sign a contract with is stable and can continue running without new projects coming in. Websites don’t just pop up in a day, it takes weeks or even months just to be fully operational and can run perfectly.If you would hire a website development company that is not financially stable, just imagine the possibility if some kind of accident happens in the middle of the project, they would just declare they are bankrupt and just hand you down a half baked website – no one wants to receive half a car.
Read 4,303 times